Each vortex represents an area of the body and it associated with a color and a specific vibration. Chakra healing works to balance all seven chakras. When chakras are out of balance it can cause the entire center where it is contained to also be out of balance. For those that practice energy healing, keeping the chakras aligned by chakra healing is vitally important.
The Chakras and Their Associations
- Root Chakra – signified by the color red, the 1st chakra is located at the base of the sacrum and it connects us to the earth’s energy.
- Naval Chakra – signified by the color orange, the 2nd chakra is located within the area around the belly button. It is the nurturing center and the source of creative life energy.
- Solar Plexus Chakra – signified by the color yellow, the 3rd chakra is located just above the navel in the solar plexus region. Will power, intuition and self-confidence emanate from this center.
- Heart Chakra – signified by the color green, the 4th chakra is the blending spot for the three lower chakras and the three upper chakras and is located right at the heart center. It combines the forces of the heavenly energy with the forces of the earth’s energy. It is the power center of empathy and pure love.
- Throat Chakra – signified by a light blue color, the 5th chakra is at the center of communication, and is located in the neck. Those with great verbal abilities will most likely have clear throat chakras.
- Third Eye Chakra – signified by a dark blue color, the 6th chakra opens us to wisdom, transcendental awareness and heavenly perception. It is located slightly upward and directly between the eyebrows.
- Crown Chakra – signified by the colors violet or sometimes white gold, the 7th chakra is the opening to spirituality and self-realization. Located directly above the top of the head, it is the chakra that connects us to the highest fulfillment and perfection.
We are energetic beings. Keeping that in mind, when our energy fields are disrupted by disease or illness the chakras fall out of balance requiring that chakras healing techniques be implemented to realign their energy field or vortex. It is important for our overall general health and well being to keep the vortexes of all of the seven chakras spinning as they should.
The Beneficial Effects of Chakra Healing
Chakra healing is an energetic practice that helps to improve the condition of the energy system. Through the use of simple yogic exercise a person can strengthen not only their body but spirituality and intuitive powers as well.
Activation of the chakra vortexes is an easy and effective way to heal the mind, body and spirit. It helps on a physical level by detoxification, stimulating the metabolism and empowering the immune system. It aids in slowing down the aging process.
Over time, healthy chakras can help relieve such afflictions as stress, anxiety and depression. A person may begin to feel more relaxed and sleep becomes deeper and more restful.
The spiritual aspect of chakra healing might include a crisper and more clear memory, elimination of negative thinking patterns and self-pity, and a closer connection to the universe.
The rewards of chakra work and healing go beyond general health considerations. As each of the seven vortexes begins to stay in balance they lead to greater intensity, joy and awareness. As the first chakra unfolds one learns to say yes to life and discover the source of life’s energy. The second chakra awakening affirms sexuality and helps one to feel at home in their skin. A well developed third chakra allows a person to find the inner strength to accomplish their goals. As we move up to the center, the fourth chakra helps us to see and experience love and compassion, while the fifth allows us to communicate that love more easily. When the sixth and seventh chakras are open and spinning properly the intuition of the higher self allows us to approach the divine and realize our connection with heaven and the universe.
Chakra work is a holistic approach to wellness. Chakra healing allows a person to experience positive and healthy changes in life. It leads to improved relationships with family and friends and gives a better understanding of our life’s work. It helps realize goals and recognize what direction to take our life’s journey.